Sunday, January 29, 2012

Artsy day

Yesterday I got to share something with my fiance, painting clay figurines. I used to do it with my mom when I was younger but the place closed done soon after we got into it. I found out there was a place up here call Clay Cafe that does the same thing. Basically you can do bowls, cups, plaques or things like small cartoon animals or more difficult things like dragons and castles etc.

My fiance and I chose dragons (mine a little more detailed then his) and spent a good 4-5 hours there.

Before I post pictures of it I figured I would share the two remaining ones I have from when I was little. The dragon I did when I was 9 and the dog when I was around the same age. Hopefully I have improved.

As you can see the dragon looks very rushed and sorta sloppy. He has been through a lot and has been broken in a few places but I wont throw him away.



The dog is a bit better, the paint looks more consistent. Sorry about the mess of him.



Finally here are some progression photos of what I did yesterday, he will look better once he has been fired and glazed (hopefully). I took pictures as I did sections so you can see it step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment